The Samsung for Impact Germany programme is a collaborative effort to support social entrepreneurship in Germany.
After the successful conclusion of the first accelerator, the Samsung for Impact programme entered its second round at the start of 2020.
The accelerator programme supports early-stage startups that:
- Have developed a new tech-driven solution that
- can contribute to the aims of the European Green Deal and
- have a sustainable, economically viable business model.
The Winning Teams
Tech for the Green Deal
Together with you our partners at Samsung and the Social Entrepreneurship Netzwerk Deutschland (SEND), we want to help ideas to make a breakthrough. For this purpose we’ve tailored the Samsung for Impact accelerator programme especially to the needs of Zebra startups. We accompany startups and teams on an individual growth project over six months and help with know-how, resources, marketing, and connections to important stakeholders.
We support startups that tackle pressing environmental and social challenges with tech-driven solutions. Climate change and environmental degradation are existential threats to our planet and therefore to all of us. This is why the European Commission has agreed a new growth strategy with the Green Deal – one of the most important political initiatives for the next ten years. For the transition to a modern, resource-efficient and competitive economy to succeed, we need innovative thinking and new solutions to the challenges facing society. Samsung for Impact focuses on the following three areas of action:
- Sustainable industry: applying state-of-the-art technology to industrial production to create a sustainable, circular economy.
- Sustainable mobility: using intelligent solutions to improve all areas of the traffic and goods transport industry and to save emissions.
- Climate action: reducing greenhouse gases through innovative solutions and completely new technological approaches.
The Programme & What’s Included
Prize Money / Devices
- 1st Place: 15,000 EUR / Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy S20 & 27 inch monitor
- 2nd Place: 10,000 EUR / Galaxy Tab S6 Lite & Galaxy S20
- 3rd Place: 5,000 EUR / 3 Galaxy S20
Access to Resources & Networks
- Kick-off mentoring bootcamp;
- ‘Connect’ membership at Impact Hub Berlin for one year;
- Coaching from Impact Hub Berlin’s experts;
- Active support in developing partnerships;
- Access to Impact Hub Berlin’s pool of experts and consultants to the value of 5,000 EUR.
Communications Support & Visibility
- Communications training;
- PR support;
- Demo Video,
- Participation in Demo Days;
- Startup profile on Samsung’s website.
Who the programme is for
Please note that applications have closed. Stay tuned for news on future programmes by subscribing to Impact Hub Berlin’s monthly email newsletter.
The programme supports young companies and startups that have been in existence for less than five years; are growth-oriented; and have their headquarters in Germany. They should have already developed a functioning prototype and ideally already have generated initial revenues. Teams of at least two people are eligible to apply.
Successful applicants are:
- Digital: making the most of the possibilities of digitalisation;
- Social: addressing social and/or environmental challenges;
- Profitable: operating a sustainable business model;
- And, ideally, a good fit within the Samsung ecosystem.
The winning innovations from the first round were:
- CAREcules: A transporter robot developed to assist the elderly or people with disabilities.
- Fimo: A data-driven, machine-learning app helping people to deal with fatigue.
- Perto: An energy service provider supporting the replacement of inefficient heating pumps.
- Stabl: A modular battery inverter aiming to fundamentally improve battery storage systems.
If you have questions about the Samsung for Impact programme, please contact us via email at [email protected].