Empowering investors to make a difference through Impact Investing
Impact Hub Berlin’s Impact Investor Community enables entrepreneurs to solve societal issues through the power of business.
These entrepreneurs understand the biggest social and environmental challenges of our time.
But see them also as opportunities.
And create innovative business models to help solve them.
Once the “first love” money is through and investment is required to grow, strong partnerships are needed.
The Impact Investor Community bridges a gap that many entrepreneurs in Germany face: the dreaded “Valley of Death”.
With the Impact Investor Community, we’re gathering a group of people ready not only to invest their money but to partner with entrepreneurs to jointly tackle the grand challenges of today and tomorrow.
This first edition of the Impact Investor Community is made possible by Bethmann Bank.
The launch event
Our virtual Investors Circle: “Money Meets Mission” took place on Thursday 27th August 2020 and was the first in an event series powered by Bethmann Bank.
At the event, investors met tech entrepreneurs in the field of education and health. Stay tuned for more information on upcoming events.
We're looking for investors
We welcome venture capitalists, small business investment companies and family investment organisations, as well as individual, angel and informal investors.
This group is for investors aiming to invest small tickets in the near future, seeking promising opportunities in the field of social entrepreneurship in Germany.
- Access promising deals and investment opportunities
- Attend events, including the Demo Days of Impact Hub Berlin’s current and alumni social businesses
- Stay up-to-date with the latest in Germany’s impact ecosystem
- Contribute to the successful development of the impact investing ecosystem in Germany
We're looking for startups
We’re looking for early-stage impact startups.
Startups interested in applying should be pre-seed to seed stage and looking for 100,000€ to 500,000€ seed funding. They should be based in Germany with a first MVP and pilot clients and be ready to engage in 1-on-1 discussions with the right investors.
- Opportunities to pitch and receive feedback from experienced investors ready to put their money where their mouths are
- Access to early-stage funding rounds of 100,000€ to 500,000€
- Access to a network of engaged investors
- Visibility within the Impact Hub global network of social innovators
Meet the startups who've pitched at our events to date:
We’re developing this network in close collaboration with investors and startups.
During the pilot phase, membership of Impact Hub Berlin’s Impact Investor Community is free of charge.