Empowering investors to make a difference through Impact Investing
Impact Hub Berlin’s Impact Investor Community enables entrepreneurs to tackle problems through the power of business. These entrepreneurs understand the biggest social and environmental challenges of our time, but see them also as opportunities, and create innovative business models to help solve them.
However, once a venture’s “first love” money is through and investment is required to grow, strong partnerships are needed. The Impact Investor Community bridges a gap that many entrepreneurs in Germany face: the dreaded “Valley of Death”.
With the Impact Investor Community, we’re gathering a group of people ready not only to invest their money but to partner with entrepreneurs to jointly tackle the grand challenges of today and tomorrow.
The Impact Investor Community is made possible by Bethmann Bank.
The next event
According to the Female Founders Report 2020, just 16% of founders in Germany are female, largely due to a lack of access to finance and networks. Green Technology is one area in which female founders are one the rise, and for our next event, on 26th August 2021, six female founders will have the opportunity to pitch their innovative Green Tech startups to our Impact Investor Community.
Applications to pitch are now closed.
We're looking for investors
We welcome venture capitalists, small business investment companies and family investment organisations, as well as individual, angel and informal investors.
The Impact Investor Community is for investors aiming to invest small tickets in the near future, seeking promising opportunities in the field of social entrepreneurship in Germany.
- Access promising deals and investment opportunities
- Attend regular events, including the Demo Days of Impact Hub Berlin’s impact startup programmes
- Stay up-to-date with the latest in Germany’s impact ecosystem
- Contribute to the successful development of the impact investing ecosystem in Germany
We're looking for startups
For the next event, we’re looking for early-stage, women-led impact startups, working on technical solutions to the climate and ecological crisis.
Startups interested in applying should be pre-seed to seed stage and looking for 100,000€ to 500,000€ seed funding. They should have been founded in the DACH region with a first MVP and pilot clients and be ready to engage in 1-on-1 discussions with the right investors.
- Opportunities to pitch and receive feedback from experienced investors ready to put their money where their mouths are
- Access to early-stage funding rounds of 100,000€ to 500,000€
- Access to a community of engaged investors
- Visibility within the Impact Hub global network