WHERE IDEAS HAVE SEX
We crowdfunded 38.585 EUR within 4 weeks – what an adrenalin rush.
Without our supporters we could have NEVER made this happen. Thank you so much for believing in us. Without YOU it would have never happened. Thank you. Thank you. Thank YOU!
Here’s a (long) list of things to keep in mind when running a crowd funding campaign:
- Plan in advance – IF you can!
- Be clear why you are doing it
- Define your kick ass target group
- Design suitable perks that would:
- Make your target group’s heart skip a beat
- Make sense economically
- Create a funky narration
- Write a storyboard, but don’t get caught up, start filmin’
- Start telling your gang it’s gonna happen
- Edit the footage
- Create a sexy tagline
- Start building the master’s list aka your outreach list
- Tell more people, it’s gonna happen
- Evaluate which platform to go with
- Tell even more people it’s happening really soon
- Organize a launch party
- Use the momentum of the launch…
- LAUNCH it with a bang!
- Make people work for you – make people share it!;)
- Bombard your contacts
- Let them know what is happening
- Why it’s happening, and
- Give them a clear call to action
- Be pumped 24/7 and enjoy the ride
- Kill the death valley: use visuals, video clips – anything to get the vibes out
- Be the persistent person: Follow-up #1, #2, #3… it pays off
- Spread the word across different media channels, at other events aka don’t sleep
- Don’t give up
- Treat your supporters and share exclusive news
- Fire up and go wild at the end (just before you loose your mind)
- Celebrate success and share it with all supporters!
- Organize logistics of all perks and make sure your amazing supporters are rewarded!
- Running a crowd funding is like running a sprint that turns out to be a marathon
- Be persistent and dare to ask people for their support (at least twice)
- The video and the entire campaign are essential. But actually, it boils down to your amazing, marvelous, courageous list of potential supporters. It’s the folk who you have to activate – no matter what.
- Build a sound campaign across all channels that appeals to all target groups (take the time to customize it! It’s worth it!)
- Put yourself out there and believe in your funk
- A crowd funding campaign helps you
- VALIDATE YOUR BUSINESS IDEA – if people support it, they love it. If not, you gotta pivot.
- GROW A COMMUNITY of like-minded epic people
- It’s a campaign that BUILD A BRAND.
- RAISE MONEY which was desperately needed.
- No matter what, enjoy the ride. It’s wild.