Share case study
Human-centered design of personal-finance-management app for financial inclusion
How might we empower Namibian citizens to access, understand and make use of their free annual credit report and thus achieve financial literacy?
- ProBATS, its partner Financial Literacy Initiative (FLI), and the credit reference bureau TransUnion came up with the idea of creating an app that offers to download to one’s phone a free annual credit report (a legal entitlement of any Namibian from the credit reference bureaus) and at the same time to receive personal finance-tips or functionalities (e. g. calculating installments for given credit amounts).
- To ensure that the app is user-centered, we co-design and implement a human-centered design process based on Design Thinking methodology together with GIZ Namibia and FabLab:
- Stakeholder alignment to understand supply perspective
- Local qualitative user research to explore user scope
- Five-day Design Sprint with stakeholders to develop a product concept
- 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth
- 17 Partnerships for the Goals
>> Want to know more or host your own program with us? Get in touch!