Share case study
Digital Imagination Challenge – Innovation Contest to Foster Inclusion
How can we empower tech solutions that reduce barriers for people with disability?
- Screening Germany for technological solutions that foster inclusion in all areas of everyday life
- Selecting top five initiatives and offering them a tailored curriculum, mentorship and network access in a short accelerator format
- Public pitch event with a renowned jury to position the importance of an inclusive society
How can we impact the life of millions of people?
Rapid technological development and digitalization have revolutionized our society and offer unprecedented opportunities and innovations that can change the lives of millions. Together with Unitymedia and Sozialhelden we looked for innovative ideas and solutions that use technology to break down barriers and enable inclusion at home, at work and in the leisure space.
#nobullshittech: when tech really makes a difference
Copy paste tech solutions, like food delivery, are neat because they make life convenient. But they are not revolutionary and often do not think the needs of people with disability alongside. We scouted 23 initiatives and ventures that created tech solutions that break down barriers and make society more inclusive. From AR to indoor navigation; every solution will change the life of millions of people.
Truly inclusive pitch event
Each of the five ventures that went through the program blew our mind, touched our hearts and inspired us to the bone. They shared their solutions with the public at a fully inclusive final pitch event in front of 100+ people with sign language translation and audio description in place.
1st prize: EiS-App, won 15.000 EUR, 3 months mentoring and Impact Hub Berlin Membership
2nd prize: Deaf Magazine, won 5.000 EUR, 3 months mentoring and Impact Hub Berlin Membership
3rd prize: Match My Maker, won 3 months mentoring and Impact Hub Berlin Membership
- 2 days bootcamp on lean canvas, impact logic and pitching
- 8 weeks coaching, focus on business model and pitching storyline and skills
- Access to the networks of Unitymedia, Impact Hub Berlin and Sozialhelden
- Peer to Peer support facilitation
- Mentoring by Unitymedia’s top tier management
- 23 applications
- 5 winning teams going through the acceleration program
- 3 winners to be further supported with mentoring and network access
- 2 winning teams sharing prize money of 20.000 EUR
Impact (& SDGs):
- SDG 10 Reduced Inequalities
- 5 Teams were supported for 8 weeks to make sense of their business and tell their stories
- the three winners were supported for further 3 months with mentoring and network access
>> Want to know more or host your own program with us? Get in touch!