Better Together Award 2019
How might we encourage innovative cooperations between public sector institutions and starts ups and/or civil society organization to support local and global climate action?
The project aim is to highlight the relevance and value for innovative cooperations between public sector institutions and start ups and/or civil society initiatives for local & global climate protection and climate change mitigation & adaptation. The Award and its featured ventures will be part of the ICCA 2019 conference for Vertical Integration for Climate Action in Heidelberg, May 2019.
In collaboration with GIZ and BMU, Impact Hub Berlin focuses on four main action points:
- Raise awareness for innovation cooperation on a global level by writing a state-of-the-art trend report and facilitating a global call-for-application to find the five best-practices in public / start-up cooperation in the field of climate action
- Support the winning teams to generate impact at scale
- Honor and present the five best-practices at the ICCA 2019 conference
- Initiate and replicate innovative solution of public / start-up cooperations
- 6 Clean Water and Sanitation
- 7 Affordable and Clean Energy
- 11 Sustainable Cities and Communities
- 12 Responsible Consumption and Production
- 13 Climate Action
- 17 Partnerships for the Goals
>> As part of the program we also did a corresponding research on “Collaborative Innovation for Urban Climate Futures – Trends for the 21st Century” – you can read about all our findings in the Trendreport. <<